At the conclusion of this training, parents will:
- Understand the role of the Center and the federal laws created to protect amateur athletes.
- Recognize the nature and scope of abuse in sports.
- Recognize the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP), youth protection, and its intersection with sport program requirements.
- Know your impact as a parent in creating culture change within sport.
- Understand mandatory reporting requirements and procedures.
- Identify at least 2 new prevention resources provided by the Center that were previously unknown.
All trainings are interactive in nature and are maximized with audience participation. In order to ensure this occurs, if we do not reach a minimum registration threshold, the training will be cancelled and you will be encouraged to register for another session. We will provide notification within two business days before the training.